A Community Led U.S ACE Framework
Over the last year, a broad coalition of partners have been developing An ACE National Strategic Planning Framework for the United States to support the creation of a national U.S. Action for Climate Empowerment (ACE) plan in preparation for the United States’ rejoining of the Paris Climate Accord. Implementing ACE in the US will both signal our nation’s renewed commitment to responsible international climate governance and jumpstart effective, just, community-focused climate action across the country.
After two inspiring webinars, four rich dialog sessions, and a robust strategic and community review process, we are happy to announce that the Framework is finished! Thank you for your contributions to the process; it would not be the same document without your wisdom and expertise.
For Rejoining the Paris Agreement
Include a commitment to accelerate climate action with an ACE national strategy in the official letter that rejoins the Paris Agreement.
For National Policy
1. Commit to developing an ACE national strategy for delivery at COP26.
2. Activate the diverse U.S. ACE community to co-create the national strategy before 3. COP26 using an ACE National Strategic Planning Framework for the United States and its processes.
3. Include ACE in the U.S. Nationally Determined Contribution for COP26.
4. Designate a National Focal Point for ACE and an ACE Task Team as recommended by UNESCO/UNFCCC Secretariat guidelines.
5. Elevate an ACE champion within the administration.